Friday, April 30, 2010

Mmmmmm, Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

Daniel and I had our very first cake tasting on Sunday.  "But Nicole," you ask, "aren't you getting married 2,000 miles away from your current abode?"  Yeahhhhh, we kinda faked it.  What can I say?  I REALLY like free cake.

And now I'm making it up to Cream Cake Company by promoting them.  At least, that's what I tell myself at night.

In all seriousness, if you live in Chicagoland, it would be worth your while to check them out.  Daniel and I would definitely think about using them if we were getting married around here.

If you're looking for perfectly manicured fondant, these are not your guys (or rather, gals).  However, if you appreciate good cake and good frosting, you may be made for each other.  Cream Cake Company only uses sweet cream icing which beats the hell out of buttercream, let me tell you.  And their cake was really good.  The Georgia Peach actually made me want to give up my dreams of a chocolate cake which frankly are numerous and powerful.  Not that the chocolate wasn't excellent as well.

The people were very nice too, and they seemed like they would be easy to work with.  Only real downside was that they don't use fondant at all, so if you want decorations, you either need to provide them or find a design that can be sculpted in chocolate.  That was fine by me; I do love my chocolate.

As for price, it was pretty standard.  $7 per slice, about $25 per tier for decorations.  Not great, but not terrible.

Overall, it was a good first tasting experience.  It was kind of nice not to have to worry about buying from them.  I just used them to answer some questions and of course for their delicious free samples.

Yummmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Classy Wedding by the Sea