Saturday, April 17, 2010

If I Only Had....No Fiance

Having rings that at least sort of go together is really important to me.  I mean, if the ring is meant to symbolize our union, I feel like there should be some unity in the rings.  And Daniel and I have similar enough tastes to keep this from being a problem.

Nevertheless, there are some rings I would TOTALLY be thinking about buying if I wasn't going for unity.  Just for fun, here are some of my personal loves:


Yeahhhh, I love Disney.  Like, a lot.  As in, I've been to Disneyland over 200 times, I wrote as many papers on Disney films as I could get away with in college, and if I had the money, I would SO get married in front of Cinderella's castle!  With so much history of my love, I'd so been down with this ring if I was marrying someone who was also obsessed with Disney (Daniel likes Disneyland but definitely does not approach my level of devotion).


As I'm sure you all know by now, I love the sea and everything in it.  I have a particular affection for dolphins, and I have always been enamored with my parents' wedding rings in which two dolphins lie entwined upon the finger.  I'd rather have a replica of my mom's ring than the ring above, but it looks similar, and I do like the opal addition.


I like this one better than the one above.  No matter what ring I get, it will be silver or white gold.


So, this is pretty much the most adorable thing ever!  If I were actually going to use it as a wedding ring, I'd probably only get one turtle, but it is so cute!  Miss Turtle really ought to have this ring.  I love the website where I found this too, ElegantHawaiianJewelry.com.  It's got good stuff, lots of rings that differ from the norm.


So, there's a story here.  I can't draw.  At all.  I've always wished that I could, but I utterly, completely, and unequivocally fail.  The only thing I can draw is dolphins.  I've had this image in my head of a group of dolphins swimming around a single dolphin jumping in front of the moon for as long as I can remember.  The tail in this ring is basically the way I draw a dolphin tail, so this ring would be a reminder of that image for me.  Besides, I like dolphins, and I love the colors in this ring.

Well, there you have it:  the rings I would be considering were it not for my fiance.  Do you have rings you would buy without your other half?  Do you like matching rings, or do you think it's better to just go with what you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Classy Wedding by the Sea