Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately. Daniel has been going through some stuff, and I've been trying to figure out a bunch of logistical things. One of the most important things that has come out of this is that I will not be moving back to California in June. In fact, I probably won't be back until the end of the summer.
This presents a problem for my wedding. You see, part of the point of having a long engagement for us was having time to look at venues and make a decision over the summer so that we would be able to book at least a year in advance. Now, that ain't happening.
I'm not 100% sure what to do about that. Currently, I am planning on looking at a bunch of venues when I fly to CA for my brother's high school graduation. But if we don't find something then, I guess we're going to have to wait until we get back to find something.
Unless we decide to do this destination-style. Which scares the shit out of me. I'm a little bit of a control freak, and the venue is the most important thing to me, so I REALLY want to see it before we book....but the thing is, if we want a beautiful cheap venue, we really need to book early.
I don't know. What would you do in my situation? If we don't find something we like while we're there, would you book something that looked awesome on paper or wait until you could look at venues in person?