Sunday, May 2, 2010

Monalisa, You're Just Not The One

Thank you all for jumping to my aid so quickly!  I really appreciate your advice!  But I didn't buy the dress, and this is why:

On a quick financial note, the discount was not nearly as much as I thought it would be.  I'm pretty sure the first time I tried on the Monalisa Royale, it was $900 something, definitely less than $1,100.  At this place even with the discount, it was STILL about $900.  The taffetta version was cheaper, but I despise taffetta, so that wasn't happening.  With that small of a price difference, getting it in CA is easier and preferable.

But the main reason I didn't get it is that there's just something off about that dress.  I've known it from the beginning, but I thought I could learn to live with it or that I was over it or something.  I used to nitpick about certain aspects of the dress, but I've come to realize that even with the little things aside, there's something about the overall concept of the dress that just doesn't work for me.  It's a bit too sharp or something...anyway, I realized today that when I look at it, I don't see "The One," so I am breaking up with the Monalisa Royale.  It will be a hard and painful break-up, and there's still a small chance that we might get back together, but for now, I think it's best if I see other dresses.  And if I'm honest with myself, I'm not ready to stop dress shopping yet anyway.  I still await a dress that pops out and says, "I was made for you."

I have some ideas about what that dress may look like and how to go about finding it, but I'll leave it here for today.  A moment of silence now for the Monalisa Royale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Classy Wedding by the Sea