Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dinosaur Math Cake

OMG, this is so hilarious, I just had to share it with you.


Background necessary:  you guys know I'm a geek ("Hey, geekish tendencies!" I remind myself), so math on a cake = (hehe, see what I did there?  Yeah, my fiance's sense of humor is getting to me) haha, funny.  I wouldn't do it, but hey, it's definitely different, so props to them.  But I was trying to figure out what was going on on the top there until I read the description:  "here's the cake from Nathalie & Mathieu's geektastic woodsy wedding made to feature their favorite mathmatical equations, their dogs and their dinosaur cake toppers!" (source).  Dinosaurs?  But they're covered in feathers...ohhhh!

A friend who also happens to be our officiant used to work at the Los Angeles Natural History Museum, and ever since we took her dinosaur tour, I have been telling her that she ruined my childhood by telling us that scientists now think that dinosaurs were even more closely related to birds than we thought.  In fact, at least some of them were probably covered in feathers.

So basically, that makes this the geekiest cake I've ever seen.  It's got math AND current and updated scientific theory.  Trippy.

But there's more where that came from!  If you thought any of that was funny or clever, you should really check out the rest of Offbeat Bride's Geeky Wedding Cakes post.  There were definitely some lol ones...if you get the gag (don't worry, I won't tell anyone you recognized the Star Trek font or instantly knew a portal cake when you saw one).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Classy Wedding by the Sea