Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Can You Feel the Love Tonight: Getting Prettied Up

If there was one controllable thing I could change about the wedding day, it would be where we got our make-up done.

Ever since I was 12, Sephora has been my go-to make-up spot.  Mostly this involves going to do my own make-up for the day using samples as opposed to actually buying their products, but still it holds a special place in my heart.  Before the wedding I had never had my make-up done at Sephora and thought this would be the perfect opportunity.

Problem was, Sephora was almost a half-hour away from the hotel, meaning just driving there would take a big chunk out of our day.  Still, I was determined, so that was where I made our appointment.

When we arrived, we were already a few minutes late.  Then, we had to stand in line before getting make-up artists.  Then, we could not go all at once, and one of the girls ended up having to wait longer than she should have.  So even though I went first, it was after 1pm by the time I was done.  Originally, I was supposed to be back at the hotel getting dressed by then.  You can imagine how late the other girls were.

So that was totally my bad.  We should have gone somewhere closer so that make-up didn't cut into our picture/ceremony set-up time, but oh well, c'est la vie.

The actual make-up getting experience was pleasant enough.  They did a good job.  Not mind blowing or anything, but good enough.  My favorite part of the Sephora experience was the cost.  To have your make-up done at Sephora, you have to buy a $50 gift certificate to Sephora.  I am totally down to buy $50 worth of product to get my make-up done.  So that was pretty cool.

Since make-up was taking so long, we split up.  Groomslady and I rushed back to the hotel, got dressed quickly, and headed to our first picture spot, so Daniel and I could do our first look while the other two girls were getting ready.  It was rushed, but hey, what can ya do?

I'm afraid we were too hurried to get any pictures, but the early pictures of me and Daniel show my make-up pretty well.




It ended up being a little heavier than I wanted, but by the time we got to the ceremony, it had faded to just about right.  So it worked out in the end.

Again, since we were in a hurry, and since the photographer had moved on to the boys while we were getting make-up done, there is but a single photograph of me getting my dress ready, taken by the amazing Flower Goddess Julia.


Thank God I had Groomslady to help me get into the thing!

Finally, it was time to get some pictures taken!

Is there anything you would change about your wedding day if you had had the foresight to change it?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your makeup looks fab! Gorgeous! I'm not very fussy about getting ready so I didn't budget much time for makeup but wound up going over too. The great thing is the show waits for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Classy Wedding by the Sea