Sunday, July 24, 2011

Beautification

HI!  Did you miss me?  I missed you.  Though the absence has definitely been helpful I think.  I've been less stressed and sleeping a little better.

But I had to tell you about some stuff.

I never really talked about how I planned to pretty myself up.  Normally, I don't do much.  My everyday routine is basically to brush my hair.  I don't wear make-up unless it's a special occasion, I can count the number of times I've had my nails done on one hand, and I rarely do anything interesting with my hair.

But of course for the wedding, I wanted to do something a little more special.

Really, for me, I'm going all out.  My hair, make-up, and nails will all be done by professionals.

And today, for the first time ever, I got my legs waxed.

Now, there is a reason this was the first time ever.  I do not do well with pain, especially unnecessary pain, and I was really scared that if I started, I wouldn't be able to finish.

Turns out, not so bad.  I mean, it wasn't pleasant, but I definitely wasn't dying either.  The only part that really hurt was the bikini wax, and I knew that was going to be bad.  But even then, it could have been a lot worse.

Of course, I was on industrial strength pain killers (industrial strength = basically Vicodin), so that may have lessened the effect a bit.

But still, I was very pleased with the experience.  If you live in San Jose, European Wax Center on Saratoga is worth checking out.

My other beautifying plans are much less terrifying.  I still need to figure out where I'll get a mani/pedi, but I doubt that will be noteworthy.

My make-up I have always wanted to do at Sephora.  It's a little far from the wedding, but we're going anyway.  I was surprised by how cheap it is.  All you have to do is buy a $50 gift card, and they'll do your make-up for free!  I am so willing to spend $50 on stuff so that I can get my make-up done.  I totally would have paid $50 anyway, so I'm pretty excited about that.  Plus, I'm probably going to need a touch up before the ceremony, so it'll be good to have an excuse to buy their make-up.

I'm kind of excited about going all out for the prettifying stuff.  I never do, and it's nice to have an excuse--and funds that are not entirely mine--to do it with.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Leg waxing?! You really are going all the way! I didn't know that's how you get a makeover at Sephora. I'm excited to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're not into the pain thing, it's a good thing you didn't get a Brazilian. OUCH.

    ReplyDelete

Classy Wedding by the Sea