Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Failing Slightly Less

Yeah, so you know that list of stuff that was supposed to be done by the end of October?  Well, here it is again:

Book a venue
Open a joint bank account
Obtain money from contributor(s?)
Figure out my own money contribution situation
Finalize initial guest list
Create and send out STDs
Obtain contact info for everyone who will receive a STD
Finalize wedding theme
Figure out my dress situation
Finalize wedding party and officiant
Choose official date, haha

Everything else should be done within a week.  Thank God!

And now for December.

You may have noticed that I have actually been posting lately!  In large part, this is due to the fact that I just quit my job.  I really could not stand sitting in front of a computer all day, and the 2+ hour commute and less-than-thrilling work were not helping.  So I am off to apply to jobs that I actually want until I run out of money.  I would say this will leave me ample time for wedding stuff, but I got a seasonal job in an effort to avoid real employment for as long as possible, so I may not have much more time.  However, I will have much more patience for my computer and a reason to procrastinate, so hopefully, I'll be able to make up for the last two months.

And in that effort, here is my to do list for December:

contact photographers
get a cohesive idea for flower arrangements
find and start permit process for ceremony site
send out Save the Dates
have initial meeting with bridesmaids (and groomsmen)
start researching invitations in earnest
ask officiant/day of coordinator to be such

All right, we'll keep it at that so that I might actually finish everything.

By the end of December, we'll be around 8 months out.  Am I missing anything I should be worrying about now?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on quitting your job! I was actually offered an admin job but until I get a call back to hear more about it, I am frantically submitting resumes to jobs I actually would want to do. I am thinking about seasonal work to make some money in the meantime, but I am wondering how I would interview for a real job while doing the seasonal thing? How are you pulling that off?

    You've made excellent progress on your to do list! Hooray! Go girl, go girl *does cabbage patch*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your job offer! Take it, you can always quit later, and it's so tough to even get an interview these days.

    I'm working at a Christmas tree lot, so I mostly work in the evenings and on weekends leaving my days free for interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I don't know if your'e still looking for photographers, but our friend Tracy might be willing/cheap. You may have met her during a Sponsored Supper Club dinner. I think she did an apprenticeship with someone who did a lot of wedding photography. Anyways, here's her website if you wanted to get an idea of her work http://tracywongphoto.com/blog/category/portraits/

    ReplyDelete

Classy Wedding by the Sea