Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Final Countdown: Friday Day, or the Rehearsal

When we woke for the final time Friday morning, things were looking much better than they had a 4am.  It was a bright, clear day, not too hot, but not cool either.

For a moment, we were afraid our plans had all gone to Hell.  We intended to drive up to Marin early in the morning and get settled in our hotel rooms a few hours before we had to meet at the rehearsal.  Then we remembered that we might not be able to check in early.  Woops.  Fortunately, the hotels were accommodating and let us check in by noon.  That meant we didn't have to leave as early as we had planned which meant that Daniel and I got a few hours of sleep before we had to pack up the cars.
Finally, we were on our way up to Marin, and Daniel and I had an hour-and-a-half to finalize our wedding playlist.  Needless to say, that didn't happen, but we did at least get close.

Upon arrival, we quickly threw all of our stuff into our rooms and booked it to the rehearsal.

Finally, we had our whole wedding party together for the first time.  Thankfully, the park was deserted, so we could set up the sound system and run the whole rehearsal just as we would the day of.

This was the first time I felt happy since I left Catalina.  I must have really needed to get out of the house, but as the sun shone down and we were with the people we cared about most, some of the stress finally slipped away.  We still had a lot to do and very little time to do it in, but at least we were outside on the grass instead of cooped up making signs or printing cards.

A big thanks to my MOH's boyfriend, Yatin, who took all of these photos!

Me.  Happy.  Finally.

Walking to the Ceremony Site with My Flower Girl, My Bridal Shower Bouquet, and a Last, Desperate Attempt at Tanning My Shoulders

Since this was the first time we had had all of the wedding party members in one place, we had a lot to go over.  We started with the ceremony itself.

 Setting up the Sound System

 Showing the Flower Girl How to Walk down the Aisle (We ended up having her start at the bottom of the stairs.  Little legs can only do so much)

Practicing Walking down the Aisle with My Parents (like how I look like I'm about to bolt?)

Everyone Together

The rehearsal went much more smoothly than I had expected.  Everyone got their cues to go up and read passages quickly, and there was very little stumbling over words.  Win.

Then there was the planning for the next day.  That was less smooth, but in the end, we had a plan, and I think everyone knew what it was.  We all got where we needed to go anyway.

Finally, we an hour or so of "down time" before it was time for the pre-wedding get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Classy Wedding by the Sea